Stop Bleeding. Save Lives.
Celox™ RAPID is the fastest acting hemostatic dressing reducing treatment time and blood loss.
Celox™ RAPID hemostatic gauze packs faster, requires minimal post-application compression, reduces blood loss and provides greater stability in evacuation compared to traditional products.
Celox RAPID gauze can be rapidly applied to the wound within half the time of the competitive devices. Celox RAPID gauze has been proven in vivo testing to stop major arterial bleeding by coagulating blood within 1 minute, reducing additional blood loss. 1
Celox RAPID gauze is suitable for:
- Severe high pressure bleeding
- Arterial and venous bleeding
- Bullet, blast, knife and shrapnel wounds
- Wound packing
- All topical bleeding wounds
- 5’ in length, Celox RAPID gauze packs faster than 12’ competitive products.2
- Requires minimal compression time compared to 3 minutes of compression for Combat Gauze.® (per instructions for use)3
- Celox RAPID gauze reduces blood loss by 60% compared to Combat Gauze.4
- Celox RAPID gauze uses the same chitosan technology as Celox gauze, which obtained highest observed survival of 90% versus 70% by Combat Gauze XL® in US DOD testing.5
- Utilizes 60% less material compared to Combat Gauze to achieve better results 1,3
- Demonstrates significantly stronger clot formation after treatment at time intervals of 1 minute, 3 minutes and 20 minutes, in comparative testing against Chitogauze™ and Combat Gauze 4
- 5’ Z-Fold packs faster than other 12’ competitive gauzes.1
- Less compression time compared to Combat Gauze2
- Demonstrates decreased secondary blood loss in comparison to Combat Gauze3
- Maintains volume and adhesion to wet tissue during use, helping it to stay in place during evacuation while maintaining hemostasis 4
- NSN: 6510-01-623-9903
- PN: 30-215
- FDA 510(k) Clearance
- 5-year shelf life
- Unit Dimensions
- Packaged: 3.4” x 3.0” x 0.75”
- Deployed: 3” x 5’
- Unit Weight: 1.2 oz
- Unit Dimensions
- Available Direct, Prime Vendor, ECAT, CEC and GSA
- 100% TAA Compliant
- (1)Based on in vivo testing, data on record at Medtrade[Mechanism of action rapid-acting gauze hemostat. A Hoggart el al. Poster at ATACCC1 FL].
- (2)Reduced Application Time with a Rapid Packing Gauze Hemostat A Hoggarth et al. Poster, ATACCC 2011, FL.
- (3)Testing a new gauze hemostat with reduced treatment time. A Hoggarth et al. Poster, ATACCC 2011, FL.
- (4)Chitosan based advanced hemostatic dressing is associated with decreased blood loss in a swine uncontrolled hemorrhage model, Kunio N et al Am J Surg 2013.
- (5)Rall JM et al. Comparison of novel hemostatic dressing with QuikClot Combat gauze in a standardized swine model of uncontrolled hemorarhage. J. Trauma 2013