- Quantity: Box of ten
Always on Duty
The Sentinel® Chest Seal is a device designed to seal an open chest wound and minimize the risk of developing a tension pneumothorax, a leading cause of preventable battlefield death.1 This seal maintains static placement for spontaneous relief of tension pneumothorax and ensures effective channeling for the release of blood and air.
The Sentinel Chest Seal patented design minimizes vent occlusion while permitting simultaneous release of blood and air. The 360° layer of Sentinel 10x™ adhesive sticks in place and remains fully adhered to the casualty in all environments while the transparent design allows a clear view of the wound. Together, these features reduce the need to apply multiple seals and lower the risk of tension pneumothorax, a leading cause of preventable battlefield death.1
- Vented – simultaneous blood and air release
- Sticks – 360° Sentinel 10x adhesive
- Clear – view the wound
- 360° Sentinel 10x non water-based adhesive base
- Transparent to allow a clear view of the wound
- Reservoir directs blood to valve to prevent clogging
- Contains highly absorbent non-woven wipe
- Two-part peel allows controlled placement
- Meets CoTCCC guidelines for vented chest seal
- Adhesive is effective in all environments, reducing the need to apply multiple seals for the same wound
- Layered design with channels minimize vent occlusion, while permitting simultaneous release of blood and air
- NSN: 6510-01-600-4628
- PN: 20-001
- FDA Listed
- 6-Year Shelf Life
- Unit Dimensions:
- Package: 7.5’’L x 8’’W
- Deployed: 6.5’’ Dia.
- Unit Weight: 1 oz.
- Not made with natural rubber latex
- Unit Dimensions:
- Available Direct, Prime Vendor, ECAT, CEC and GSA
- Made in USA
1 Eastridge BJ, et al., Death on the battlefield (2001-2011): implications for the future of combat casualty care., J Trauma Acute Care Surg. 2012 Dec;73(6 Suppl 5):S431-7.